The purpose of the Sexual Assault Forensic Examination Commission is to:
- Establish mandatory statewide protocols for conducting sexual assault forensic examinations.
- Work with county prosecutors to convene and chair local Sexual Assault Forensic Examination Boards.
- Set minimum requirements for local plans developed by county or regional board and approve county plans.
- Establish a basic standard of care for victims of sexual assault
- Authorize minimum training requirements
- Collect data to identify and improve the collections of evidence.
**For additional program information and/or application materials, please contact Samantha L. Morse and/or Tammy J. Lemon at the information listed above.